Thursday, March 24, 2005

Worked out that eyelet issue

Well, I figured out my eyelet problem. Seems I was overthinking the whole thing. After ripping this section out a few times, I decided to just follow the pattern exactly (HAHAHAA). Funny how that made it turn out. (I feel like a dope.) So when the graph says to K2tog, I did even if the next stitch was a purl stitch, and when the graph said to YO, I YO knitwise, not purlwise. The finished product looks pretty good, I think. After I figured that whole thing out, finishing the ribbing at the bottom and the sleeves was fairly easy. I'm working on the collar now. I'll post pics when I'm done!

3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Funny, I did the same thing with the sleeve eyelets lol. I got some bad advice, it failed and I frogged!

Can't wait to see your finished product. :)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can someone tell me what "on last round, inc 2 and dec 0 evenly around" means? I'm a bit confused. Also, on the sleeves, it says "work flat." I'm not familiar with this.

thanks!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

When the pattern says to increase 2 and decrease 0, it's basically trying to explain how to deal with all sizes. Some sizes will have to increase and others have to decrease. You just follow the instructions for your particular size. Also working flat means that you don't work in the round like you do for the rest of the sweater.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free hit counter